346 East 5th. Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Hours of Operation:
6 am - 9 pm, Monday - Sunday
Catering Available 7 Days a Week
Private Dining Room Available
Call to Reserve (907)-929-5400
Chef Robert Obermann is a graduate of the highly acclaimed Culinary Institute of America located in Hyde Park, New York.
• Chef Rob began his career at Houlihan’s Old Place restaurant in Denver, Colorado with nationally prominent Gilbert & Robinson Inc.
• He was soon promoted to their specialty restaurant group: Café Fedora’s (Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, Missouri). After training to open a new Café Fedora’s in 1986 (Union Station, St. Louis, Missouri), that restaurant was named one of the top ten new restaurants in the U.S.
• In 1986 Chef Rob moved north, opening a new Houlihan’s Old Place in Anchorage, Alaska.
• For the past 20 years, Chef Rob has held senior Sous & Executive Chef positions in Anchorage with the • Egan convention center • Alaska Native Medical Center • Westmark • Hilton • Sheraton
• The most recent corporate position held by Chef Rob, from January 2003 - May 2005, was Executive Chef for the Alyeska Prince Hotel and Resort (AAA Four Diamond), This position included the Seven Glaciers Restaurant as well as 10 other food outlets. Seven Glaciers continues to receive the Wine Spectator Restaurant Award in addition to being one of two AAA Four Diamond restaurants in Alaska.
• Chef Rob’s Alaska Fish and Seafood recipes have been published in the National Culinary Review (Dec.2003), Alaska Fish Magazine and the Anchorage Daily News.
• Chef Rob currently serves as Chairman of the board of the Alaska Culinary Association and is regularly recruited for numerous fund raising events, recently providing management (and chef) services for the Copper River Nouvelle, Alaska Travel Industry Association and Secrets of the Chefs. He was awarded the Chef of the Year honor in 2004 by the other Alaska Culinary Association members.
• In December, 2005 Chef Rob’s dream became reality when he, along with his wife, Karen, opened Sizzlin’ Café in downtown Anchorage.
Chef Christopher Hilliard
Christopher was raised in Alaska and graduated from West High in 2000. He obtained his culinary degree from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY in October, 2002. He was employed by Disney in Orlando at Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian Resort where he also achieved his introductory sommelier certificate from the Court of Master Sommeliers. One year later he moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota. To work and help a chef win the coveted James Beard Award at Solera and La Bella Vie restaurant. The chef ended up winning the award just months before Chris decided to move to Washington D.C to work at the Ritz Carlton in Mclean, VA. After his three years of heat and traffic and meeting his wife Renee they both decided to move back to Alaska.
523 W. 3rd. Avenue, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 P - 907.929.5400 F - 907.929.5401 www.sizzlincafe.com Email Sizzlin Cafe
© 2005 - 2012 Grizzly Group Inc.. All Rights Reserved.